We’re Hiring! Join us as our head of marketing and growth
Ok friends. As you’ll probably know, SBL is growing like a weed… but it’s time to really turn up the heat and focus on taking what we’re currently doing to a completely new level.
In short, we’re looking for a high quality, high hustle individual to lead the marketing and growth here at SBL. Up until now I have predominantly headed all of our marketing efforts, but to fully imagine what I know we can create and the new opportunities that we can bring to music students around the world, I need to step aside and fully focus on the educational side of our platform. To do this, I need someone to focus hardcore on helping us build one of the best online music education platforms in history.
What we do.
ScottsBassLessons is the worlds leading online educational platform for bass players. In short, we’re a kick-ass online school for thousands of musicians around the world with over a million subscribers across all of our social channels.
Who we are.
We are a small remote team (yep… this role is remote… i.e. you can work from anywhere in the world!) who are passionate about changing the way music is taught online. One of us loves 80’s films and culture (Goonies fan?). One of us lives in Japan (and obviously took his bass with him). One of us just became a dad (yay). One of us loves bass ukuleles (yep - they exist). One of us has 5 kids (brave!). And that’s just a taster… we’re all individuals… we share stories… we have fun… but most of all, we love what we do.
What this is.
You will be responsible for driving digital marketing and growth, working directly with the CEO (me!), and managing your own team. This is both a strategic and an execution role - if you don’t want to get your hands dirty, this isn’t the job for you.
This is a varied, high pressure, high impact role, and isn’t for the faint of heart. We’re looking for a rock star to join our team… and in turn you’ll be able to make a huge impact to online music education on a global scale.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Conceptualise, create, and drive a growth strategy
- Leverage data and customer insights to identify and prioritise marketing and growth initiatives
- Test innovative strategies and new digital channels
- Optimise conversion funnels to unlock user and revenue growth
- Scale and automate the marketing and growth processes
- Take ownership of key metrics and KPI’s
- Manage and optimise automated evergreen and behaviour based campaigns
- Build, manage, and develop a high performing team
Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in digital marketing and growth roles
- Extremely knowledgeable with direct response and digital marketing techniques
- Developed skills in core marketing areas, including SEO, content marketing, email marketing, PPC, affiliate programs and social media
- Equally able to operate at a strategic level as well as roll up your sleeves and work in the weeds
- Understanding of the full funnel and a demonstrated ability to drive growth through a blend of product improvements and marketing initiatives
- Strong analytical competence and a love for making data-driven decisions
- Experience with implementing a scientific approach to optimising the customer acquisition and retention funnel
- Good copywriting skills
- Experience with Google Analytics and other relevant web tools
- Strong leadership, communication and management skills
- Previous experience with remote team work is a bonus
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter explaining:
1. Why you want to work as our head of marketing and growth.
2. Why you want to work at SBL, and not somewhere else.
3. Anything else you feel is relevant
Link to your website, Linkedin profile and include your C.V./Resume
If you can record a video of yourself instead of a cover letter… you’ll get extra bonus points! ;)
Starting salary is dependent on experience. Please include your salary requirements with the application.
Email everything to email@example.com and include “Marketing Role” in the subject line.
Oh… and feel free to get creative with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!