6 Big Walking Bass Line Mistakes
In this bass lesson we're going to be focusing on walking bass lines and 6 of the most common mistakes I see bass players making time and time again, and if you're focused on becoming a great bass player, mastering walking bass lines is something that you're going to need to do!
In this lesson you're going to learn:
- The 4 and 1 mistake
- Why some players don't 'really' understand what a walking bass line actually is
- What NOT to use when playing walking lines
- The big voice leading issue
- The descending line mistake
- How you can ruin the feel of overemphasising certain notes
- And much more
After you've watched this lesson, be sure to check out the masters of walking bass lines such as Ray Brown, Ron Carter, Paul Chambers and so on, as listening to players such as this will really help you understand the feel and vibe that you're going to be trying to recreate.
As always, see you in the shed...
PS. If you've not checked out Ed Friedland's Walking Bass Bootcamp yet... go here to see the full details... you can learn walking bass from the same guy that I learned walking bass from!